ॐ अमृतेश्वर्यै नमः
Dear Brothers & Sisters in Amma,
Amma has never been interested in celebrating Her birthday. Regardless, for decades now, we, her children, have been meeting in Amritapuri to celebrate this auspicious occasion by spending the whole day in selfless service and prayers for world peace. As all of you are aware, September 27th of this month is Amma’s 68th birthday. Currently the whole world is waiting with anticipation to see the light at the end of the tunnel—to experience love and peace and security. This 27th of September thus provides all of us across the world another opportunity to come together and offer our sincere and selfless prayers—seeking Mother Nature’s forgiveness, peace and healing for all of creation. Named as “Pray & Serve” this year, let us celebrate Amma’s birthday (Monday, September 27, 2021) at our homes as a day of sadhana, from 6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
With Loving Prayers,
In Amma’s Service
This following schedule is only a suggestion. Feel free to modify it as per your convenience:
- 06:00 a.m : After bath, Lamp Lighting
- 06:00 – 06:30 : Meditation & Japa
- 06:30 – 08:00 : Gurupaduka Puja, followed by Amma’s Ashtottaram and Lalita Sahasranama
- 08:00 – 08:30 : Lokah Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu (108 times), followed by japa.
- 08:30 – 09:00 : Break
- 09:00 – 09:30 : Mrtyumjaya mantra (108 times)
- 09:30 – 10:00 : Japa in nature (Only if you have a balcony or yard, otherwise do inside the house)
- 10:00 – 10:30 : MA-AUM and White Flowers of Peace Meditation.
- 10:30 – 11:00 : Walking japa with awareness.
- 11:00 – 11:30 : Break
- 11:30 – 12:15 : Bhajan (Either alone, with family members or with small groups via Zoom, etc.)
- 12:15 – 13:00 : White Flowers of Peace Meditation, Mrtyumjaya mantra (54 times), followed by, Asatoma Sadgamaya (1 time) and Lokah Samastha Sukhino Bhavantu (54 times).